Locale® 4.1 is now available on Google Play. Locale 4.1 brings enhancements for the latest versions Android and requires Android 4.1 or later. Specific enhancements in Locale 4.1 include:
Vector-based Google Maps
Locale 4.1 uses vector-based maps which are faster and more responsive, providing faster and more responsive maps
Other minor improvements
- Improved location detection, with specific enhancements for LTE devices and Android 4.2 devices
- Improved charger detection on certain devices
- Improved handling of plug-in conditions after the plug-in’s APK is updated from Google Play
Locale 4.0.1 is a minor maintenance release offering improved compatibility with the following changes:
- Improved situation reprioritization UI on Android 2.2 and 2.3
- Improved vibrate management on Android 4.2
- Workaround for an HTC bug affecting ringtone selection
- Updated Swedish translations
Locale® 4.0 is now available exclusively on Google Play. With over 100 enhancements throughout the app, Locale 4.0 focuses on being more helpful and more efficient. Specific enhancements include:
Locale 4.0 has amazing new patent-pending power management technologies:
First up is Power-Zero (P0). P0 passively monitors various sensors and radios to detect when the device isn’t moving, allowing Locale to sleep for extended periods of time without using any battery power at all. Next, Locale 4.0 is supercharged with an “oracle” that uses a priori knowledge of your Location conditions to manage different location sources, providing up to 10x better efficiency. Finally, every aspect of Locale has been tuned for the best performance on the latest Android devices, such as optimizations for barometers and more efficient use of 4G networks.
While Locale is incredibly accurate out of the box, thanks to our cloud-based location infrastructure, the new Calibration feature lets you pinpoint your position even more precisely.
Optimized for Android 4.1/4.2 Jellybean
Locale 4.0 has been optimized to take advantage of the latest features in Android 4.2 Jellybean. For example, Locale’s ongoing notification no longer appears at the top of the screen on Android 4.2 Jellybean, although it still appears in the pulldown area.
Are you always missing important calls because your ringer was off? Locale can let VIP callers always ring though with the new “VIP calling” situation template that automatically configures itself for starred or frequently contacted people.
In addition, Locale 4.0 contains a workaround for firmware bugs in certain Samsung and HTC handsets that previously interfered with VIP caller situations. On these devices, the workaround requires that the VIP caller situation be the highest priority situation and contain only Caller conditions and a Volume setting.
Streamlined Intuitive UI
We’ve streamlined every corner of Locale 4.0 to be more efficient and more powerful than ever. Locale makes contextual suggestions to help you get the most out of the app. Rather than show too much information at once, Locale only shows information when it is most pertinent.
Multiple Conditions (OR Operator)
It is now possible to add multiple conditions of the same type in a situation. Multiple conditions of the same type are treated as OR (Location OR Location). Multiple conditions of different types are treated as AND (Location AND Time). This makes sense because while it is physically impossible to be in two places simultaneously, it is possible to be at a particular place at a particular time.
Enhanced backup and restore
Locale now automatically stores a situation backup on external storage that can be restored in one step. There are no buttons or options to mess with—it just works!
Countless other improvements
- New Charger condition and simplified Battery condition
- Improved app-wide performance
- Searching for addresses is more accurate and now works on non-maps devices
- UI improvements on Motorola devices
- Improved Wi-Fi management
- Improved location detection on tablets
- Improved handling of multiple Shortcut settings
Locale 3.0.2 is a minor compatibility update for Android 4.0 only. For devices running Android 2.2 through Android 3.2, Locale 3.0.1 is the most recent version.
- Improved compatibility with selecting specific calendars
- Improved compatibility with HTC One devices
- Locale’s on/off button now works when slid
- Fixed searching by address on Android 2.2 and Android 2.3
- Minor enhancements to Japanese and Swedish translations